Salus University celebrates a nearly century-long legacy from its founding College that demands academic excellence and a commitment to thoughtful development and growth.
Named for a Latin word meaning health and well-being, Salus University brings together a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff who are united in their commitment to improve the welfare of the public worldwide. The University bases its curriculum for all programs on these central principles:
- a commitment to interprofessional education and interdisciplinary training
- a primary care philosophy and holistic approach that assesses the whole patient for prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation
- an exceptional clinical training sequence that begins in the very first semester of study and includes externships in a variety of healthcare delivery settings
- innovative learning strategies that include small group, interactive, and self-directed learning experiences as well as clinical problem solving
- integration of new technologies that enable students to use and understand today’s cutting-edge technologies while preparing them for their ever-evolving professions
- a commitment to the ongoing professional and personal development and the success of each student
Salus University is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, charitable organization and an accredited, private, specialized academic institution approved by the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSCHE). Additionally, Salus University optometry, audiology, physician assistant, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology degree programs have been accredited by the governing bodies of those professions.
Learn more about Salus University - from our programs and facilities to our research projects and esteemed faculty, all of which support the University in its continuous quest for excellence.