Associate Professor, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- BS, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- BS, OD, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Dr. Kaiser is a 1989 graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry and she completed a Primary Care Residency at The Eye Institute in1990.
Role at Salus University:
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Director, Traineeship Program
- Coordinator for the Clinical Skills Course and Laboratory
- Lecturer and Coordinator of the Special Topics in Environmental Optometry Course
- The Eye Institute, Primary Care Staff Optometrist; Director, Quality Assurance
- Chronister CL, Kaiser H, Pagani JM. Progressive outer retinal necrosis in a patient with acquired immune deficiency syndrome. Clin Exp Optom 2011; 94: 4: 389-392.
- Pagani JM, Kaiser HM, Chronister CL. Recommendations from the Quality Assurance Committee. Review of Optometry. Vol. 144. No.11, P. 27-34, Nov 2007.
- Kaiser HM, Pagani JM. Isolated Retinal Venous Macroaneurysm. Optometry – Journal of the American Optometric Association, Vol. 76, No. 9, 522-5. Sept 2005
- Kaiser HM. "Ocular Manifestations of Hematologic Disease", In Blaustein BH., ed., Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Disease. Boston, MA: Churchill Livingstone, 1994: pp. 165-178.
- Kaiser HM. and Shust MA. "An Atypical Presentation of Arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy", Optometry Today, Sept 1993.
- Kaiser HM. "A Tour Through a Gallery of Lid Lesions: How to Differentiate Eyelid Lumps and Bumps", Review of Optometry, July 1992.
- Kaiser HM. and Pagani JM. "Garden Variety Conjunctivitis". In Catania L., ed., Primary Care Practical Hints. Philadelphia, PA: Primary Care Publications, 1991.
Presentations at the American Academy of Optometry or South East Council of Optometry:
- In Office Infection Control Procedures to Prevent the Transmission of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Eye Pain and Cataract in patient with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
- Heteronymous Bilateral Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy Following Surgical Oophrectomy
- Acute Ptosis and Diplopia in patient with Castleman’s Disease.
- “Utilization of a Simulation Model to Facilitate Learning of Binocular Indirect and Slit Lamp Ophthalmoscopy Skills”
- "Retrospective Review of Computer Related Symptoms, Diagnoses, and Treatment in an Urban Based Computer Vision Clinic"
- "First Reported Case of Sixth Cranial Nerve Palsy Associated with Glucophage therapy in a Diabetic Patient"
- "Pseudo Arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy"
- "Pseudo Accommodative Esotropia and Patient with Pediatric Pseudotumor Cerebri"
- "An Atypical Presentation of Arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy"
- "Herpes Zoster Infection and Reiter's Syndrome in an AIDS Patient"
- "Vitritis and Anterior Uveitis Secondary to Active Toxoplasmosis"
- Academy Presentation - "Polariod Ocular Photography as an Innovative Method of Assessing Ophthalmoscopy Skills"
Professional Honors and Activities:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- Pennsylvania Optometric Association
- Philadelphia County Optometric Society
- International Who's Who of Professionals
- Primary care, computer vision, industrial vision
Dr. Helene Kaiser has lectured nationally and internationally on Computer Vision and Ocular Disease.