Assistant Professor, College of Education and Rehabilitation
- MS, Speech-Language Pathology; Loyola College in Maryland (now Loyola University Maryland)
- BA, Speech-Language Pathology/Audiology; Loyola College in Maryland (now Loyola University Maryland)
Role at Salus University:
- Clinical Director, Speech-Language Institute
- Assistant Professor, Speech-Language Pathology
- Adult neurogenic/neurological communication and swallowing disorders
- Clinical Supervision
- Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Leadership Development
Professional Honors and Activities:
- National Academies of Practice in Speech-Language Pathology, Distinguished Practitioner & Fellow, Class of 2018
- Appreciation of Service Award, Executive Board of the Pennsylvania Speech-Language Hearing Association, 2016
- Leadership Academy, Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD): Awarded one of 20 positions in the inaugural class of the Leadership Academy - Best Practices in Academic Leadership (April 14-15, 2015). Newport Beach, CA.
- Award for Continuing Education (ACE), Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, 2014-2018
- ASHA Leadership Development Program (2011-2012)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence; American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Certified Compton P-ESL Provider; Institute of Language and Phonology
- Certified MDTP Provider; The McNeill Dysphagia Therapy Program
Presentations and Publications:
- Serianni, R. & Mayro, P. “Developing knowledge and skills in clinical supervision for practitioners” presented as a workshop at the Pennsylvania Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Convention, Pittsburgh, PA, March 23, 2018.
- Smith, P., Miller, J., Passe, M., Reisfeld, N., Serianni, R. & Varnedoe, D. “Externship challenges: From the site’s perspective” presented as a poster to the 2017 ASHA Convention, Los Angeles, CA, November 10, 2017.
- Serianni, R., Cascia, J., Lemmon, R. & Parham, D. “Leadership Academy Problem Solving and Information Exchange Luncheon” presented as an invited speaker at the Annual Conference of the Council of Academic Programs in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, New Orleans, LA, April 21, 2017.
- Silverman, F., Serianni, R., Agnew, D., DiStefano, A., Lueders, K. & Tyszka, A. “Zika Virus and Microcephaly: An Interprofessional Response” presented as a poster at the 2016 AOTA National Convention, Philadelphia, PA, April 1, 2017.
- Casser, L., Aravamudhan, R., Foy, C., Hanson, K., Henderson, J., Lueders, K., Owen, J., Perla, F., Serianni, R. & Vitek, M. “Getting started: Creating a culture of interprofessional education and practice at Salus University” presented as a poster at the 2017 National Academies of Practice Annual Meeting and Forum, Philadelphia, PA, March 17, 2017.
- Mayo, C., Serianni, R., Power-DeFur, L. & Mayo, R. “This is how we did it! Successfully navigating the CAA process” presented as a poster to the 2016 ASHA Convention, Philadelphia, PA, November 19, 2016.
- Serianni, R. & Giess, S. “Interprofessional education (IPE): Student impressions and future planning”” presented as a poster at the 2016 ASHA Convention, Philadelphia, PA, November 17, 2016.
- Foy, C., Gregory, G., Lueders, K., Perla, F., Serianni, R., Ciccarone, D., & Knight, C. “The design and implementation of a collaborative community-based assessment” presented as a peer paper - complete presentation to the 2016 Jefferson Center for Interprofessional Education’s (JCIPE) Conference, Philadelphia, PA, October 29, 2016.
- Foy, C., Casser, L., Appel, S., Henderson, J., Owen, J., Pelino, C., Perla, F., Phillips, E. & Serianni, R. “Interprofessional Practice and Education: A Client-Centered and Team-Based Approach to Clinical Care” presented as a poster at the American Occupational Therapy Association 2016 Annual Conference and Expo, Chicago, IL, April 7, 2016.
- Serianni, R., Mayo, C. & Giess, S. “Integrating Interprofessional Education (IPE) into Practice” presented as a poster at the Health Care & Business Institute of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Phoenix, AZ, July 10, 2015.
- Serianni, R.W., Mayo, C.M. and Giess, S.A, (July, 2015). Integrating Interprofessional Education (IPE) into Practice. Poster Session Presentation, 2015 Health Care & Business Institute (HCBI), American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Phoenix, AZ.
- Mayo, C.M., Serianni, R.W. and Mayo, R. (May, 2015). Phoenix Rising! Model Assessment Plan for a New Academic Program. Poster Session Presentation, Lilly International Spring Conference: Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning, Bethesda, MD.
- Casser, L., Serianni, R.W., et al. (May, 2015). Interdisciplinary Care in Today’s Healthcare Delivery Environment (Speech-Language Pathology Perspective), Invited Panel Presenter, 2015 Alumni Weekend, Salus University, Elkins Park, PA.
- Giess, S.A. and Serianni, R.W. (March, 2015). Interprofessional Education: It’s Not About You. Poster Session Presentation, Annual Convention of the Pennsylvania Speech-Language Hearing Association, Harrisburg, PA.