Assistant Professor, College of Education and Rehabilitation
- MS, Speech-Language Pathology; Loyola College in Maryland (now Loyola University Maryland)
- BA, Speech-Language Pathology/Audiology; Loyola College in Maryland (now Loyola University Maryland)
Role at Salus University:
- Clinical Director, Speech-Language Institute
- Assistant Professor, Speech-Language Pathology
- Adult neurogenic/neurological communication and swallowing disorders;
- Clinical Supervision;
- Leadership Development
Professional Honors and Activities:
- Leadership Academy, Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD): Awarded one of 20 positions in the inaugural class of the Leadership Academy - Best Practices in Academic Leadership (April 14-15, 2015). Newport Beach, CA.
- Award for Continuing Education (ACE), Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, 2014
- ASHA Leadership Development Program (2011-2012)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence; American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Certified Compton P-ESL Provider; Institute of Language and Phonology
- Certified MDTP Provider; The McNeill Dysphagia Therapy Program
Presentations and Publications:
- Serianni, R.W., Mayo, C.M. and Giess, S.A, (July, 2015). Integrating Interprofessional Education (IPE) into Practice. Poster Session Presentation, 2015 Health Care & Business Institute (HCBI), American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Phoenix, AZ.
- Mayo, C.M., Serianni, R.W. and Mayo, R. (May, 2015). Phoenix Rising! Model Assessment Plan for a New Academic Program. Poster Session Presentation, Lilly International Spring Conference: Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning, Bethesda, MD.
- Casser, L., Serianni, R.W., et al. (May, 2015). Interdisciplinary Care in Today’s Healthcare Delivery Environment (Speech-Language Pathology Perspective), Invited Panel Presenter, 2015 Alumni Weekend, Salus University, Elkins Park, PA.
- Giess, S.A. and Serianni, R.W. (March, 2015). Interprofessional Education: It’s Not About You. Poster Session Presentation, Annual Convention of the Pennsylvania Speech-Language Hearing Association, Harrisburg, PA.