The Admissions Committee has established policies that include the selection of applicants best qualified to serve the public and the profession in the years to come. Many factors are considered in selecting students for our program, including:
- academic performance
- extracurricular activities and interests
- related and unrelated work experience
- personal achievements
- letters of evaluation
- communication skills, including a demonstrated command of the English language, both written and oral
When evaluating academic performance, the applicant’s grade point average, performance in prerequisite courses, number of college credits completed, degree status and GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores are taken into consideration.
Individuals successfully meeting the required admissions selection criteria may receive an invitation to visit our campus for an interview, which provides further insight into the applicant’s character and motivation, and allows an applicant the opportunity to meet with an Admissions staff member to discuss his or her application, tour our campus and meet with faculty and students.
Admissions Selection Process - On-Campus Audiology Program
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE AND MATRICULATION FEE
An applicant may be notified of his or her acceptance as early as October, prior to the desired year of enrollment. Upon receipt of acceptance, an applicant is required to pay a $1,000 matriculation fee to the University prior to the start of classes, payable as follows:
- Return the matriculation form along with a $250 deposit within 14 days of the date of the acceptance letter.
- The balance of $750 for the matriculation fee is due April 15.
- All monies received above are non-refundable and will be applied toward first term fees.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Enrolled students who withdraw or are dismissed from the University will be responsible for the payment of tuition in accordance with the institutional refund schedule.