To be considered, an applicant must:
Submit a properly completed application to the Communication Science and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) (https://csdcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login). Detailed instructions regarding the completion of the application and the essay are provided on the CSDCAS website.
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (or currently attending) directly to CSDCAS.
Complete admissions prerequisites at the college level with a grade of ‘C-’ or better and a minimum of 90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours of credit from an accredited undergraduate college or university. It is recommended that students with less than a 2.8 grade point average should consult the Office of Admissions prior to applying.
- Three letters of evaluation are required. Arrange to have forwarded directly to CSDCAS the following letters of evaluation:
- Two letters must be written by teaching faculty members whom have taught you in a course.
- One letter must come from a practicing audiologist.
- The references should be from persons familiar with the applicant's academic work, employment record, and/or personal characteristics.
- Satisfactory score results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) should be forwarded to the Office of Admissions.
- Results may be submitted directly to CSDCAS (Designated Institution code is 7157).
- Completion of the GRE is required within three years of your desired entrance date to the Program.
An applicant must have completed a minimum of 90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours of credit from an accredited undergraduate college or university.
These credits must include the listed prerequisite courses below completed with a 'C-' or better. An applicant need not have completed all prerequisites prior to filing an application but must be able to complete all outstanding prerequisites prior to enrolling.
- English Composition or Literature – 1 year
- Mathematics – 1 year (Calculus highly recommended; 1/2 year of Calculus fulfills Mathematics requirement)
- Statistics (Mathematics, Biology, or Psychology preferred) – 1/2 year
- Basic Sciences (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Physics) – 1 year
- Physics or Hearing Science – 1/2 year
- Social Sciences – 1 year
Additional Courses (highly recommended, but not required)
Prerequisite credits completed ten or more years prior to the anticipated entrance date will be reviewed for approval on an individual basis.
- Hearing Science and Introduction to Audiology
- Anatomy, Physiology and/or Neurobiology
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Pre-calculus (to include logarithms)
- Psychology and/or Counseling