Our OTD program uniquely positions you as a future leader, advanced content expert, or academic, with an emphasis on interprofessional collaboration. Choose a specialty track that meets your needs and interests, including Remedial Vision Rehabilitation, Low Vision Rehabilitation, and Health and Wellness. The program is designed to be convenient for full-time working professionals.
What We Offer:
- Learn online: All but two courses are online using interactive computer based technology.
- Learn didactically and experientially: Come twice to our beautiful campus in suburban Philadelphia to study face-to-face with our faculty and engage in dynamic hands-on learning activities and community-based experiences during two five day (Saturday through Wednesday) residency courses.
- Two options in program length: 16 months (2 courses per semester) or 27 months (one course per semester), both using a distance learning format, plus two on-campus one week residency courses.
- Choose one of our three specialty tracks; each specialty track reflects a unique cutting-edge area of OT practice that aligns with Salus University’s highly regarded niche in health care.
5) Learn from nationally recognized faculty members
- Low Vision Rehabilitation: This track is designed to prepare occupational therapists to specialize in working with persons with severe visual impairment via state-of-the-art training from an internationally recognized faculty of experts in the field of low vision. Courses concentrate on low vision assessment and intervention techniques to enhance participation in occupations and daily living skills for clients for whom vision impacts their independence and quality of life.
- Remedial Vision Rehabilitation: Pediatrics and Acquired Brain Injury: This track is designed to enable occupational therapists to gain a comprehensive understanding of vision problems that are prevalent in the acquired brain injury and pediatric populations. Students will learn how to screen for the most commonly occurring problems and perform remedial vision rehabilitation for clients with these problems with ongoing collaboration with an optometrist.
- Health and Wellness: This track is designed to enable occupational therapists to gain a comprehensive and advanced/evidence-based perspectives of holistic and innovative health care for individuals, groups or populations with or at-risk for chronic illness or disability. Students will be exposed to health assessment and health promotion activities across the life span, global and cultural perspectives, and primary care and e-health initiatives.
who have published research and written textbooks in their fields of specialization.
6) Start Date:
7) Total credit hours