Salus University is now accepting applications through the GradCAS centralized application service. Please follow all instructions as indicated on the application portal.
The following application items are required for submission:
- Minimum Education Requirement:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a vision-related field, such as optics, optometry or ophthalmology
- Submit a completed application through GradCAS: If new to the GradCAS application portal, you will need to create a new account. Once your account is created:
- Click Add Program at the top of the application home page.
- Use the search filters to locate the Salus University, Master of Science in Clinical Optometry program.
- Complete the application's four core sections: Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials.
- Utilize the GradCAS Applicant Help Center as a resource.
- A non-refundable fee of $124.00 is required. Payment may be made through the GradCAS application portal.
- Submit a copy of license to practice optics, optometry or ophthalmology, or proof of a relevant faculty appointment through the GradCAS application portal.
- Submit a copy of your valid passport through the GradCAS application portal.
- Submit a course-by-course review by World Education Services (WES) concluding that all of an applicant’s post-secondary studies are at least equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree level in a vision-related field.
- An official evaluation (not a copy) must be sent from the World Education Services directly to the GradCAS application service. The contact information for World Education Services follows: Phone +1-212-966-6311, www.wes.org
- You can request electronic WES evaluations directly through the GradCAS application. Click Order WES Evaluation after listing your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section. Once WES completes your evaluation, they will send it to GradCAS electronically. GradCAS also accepts paper WES evaluations sent via mail:
- GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
- Further instructions on submitting foreign credential evaluations.
- A recommended score for the TOEFL IBT is 70 or above. Official scores from the Academic IELTS examination will be accepted in substitution for the TOEFL (recommended score of 5.5 or above). The TOEFL (or Academic IELTS) examination must be taken within two years prior to the start date of the entering class to which an applicant seeks admission.
- If submitting TOEFL scores, please use the GradCAS code of B886.
- If submitting IELTS scores, please send scores directly to Salus University, Office of Admissions.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a professional organization, teacher or colleague through the GradCAS application portal.
- Submit a Personal Goal Statement detailing your reasons for choosing the MSCO degree and your post-degree career plans (minimum 900 words, maximum 1100 words) through the GradCAS application portal.
- All applicants from Saudi Arabia must submit a Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) guarantee in order to receive a final acceptance offer. Those without a SACM guarantee, and who meet all other requirements, will be issued a provisional acceptance letter. SACM documentation may be uploaded to the GradCAS application portal.
*Score requirement updated March 24, 2017
Please note: All documents that are not in English must include a notarized English translation.