Salus University is now accepting applications through the GradCAS centralized application service. Please follow all instructions as indicated on the application portal.
The following application items are required for submission:
- Minimum Education Requirement:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a vision-related field, such as optics, optometry or ophthalmology
- Submit a completed application through GradCAS: If new to the GradCAS application portal, you will need to create a new account. Once your account is created:
- Click Add Program at the top of the application home page.
- Use the search filters to locate the Salus University, Master of Science in Clinical Optometry program.
- Complete the application's four core sections: Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials.
- Utilize the GradCAS Applicant Help Center as a resource.
- A non-refundable fee of $124.00 is required. Payment may be made through the GradCAS application portal.
- Application and all required documentation must be submitted by April 15, 2018 for the October 2018 start date.
- Submit a copy of license to practice optics, optometry or ophthalmology, or proof of a relevant faculty appointment through the GradCAS application portal.
- Submit a copy of your valid passport through the GradCAS application portal.
- Submit a course-by-course review by World Education Services (WES) concluding that all of an applicant’s post-secondary studies are at least equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree level in a vision-related field.
- A recommended score for the TOEFL IBT is 76 or above. A score of 19 is recommended for the speaking section; 19 for the writing section; 19 for the listening section; and 19 for the reading section. Official scores from the Academic IELTS examination will be accepted in substitution for the TOEFL (recommended score of 5.6 or above). The TOEFL (or Academic IELTS) examination must be taken within two years prior to the start date of the entering class to which an applicant seeks admission.
- If submitting TOEFL scores, please use the GradCAS code of B886.
- If submitting IELTS scores, please send scores directly to Salus University, Office of Admissions.
- Salus University has an agreement with Arcadia University (an undergraduate institution in close proximity to Salus) that allows students submitting scores below the recommended numbers to undergo English Language training prior to the MSCO degree program as follows:
- Composite minimal score TOEFL-71/IELTS 5.5: One six-week Arcadia session (July, 2017 start)*
- Composite minimal score TOEFL-64/IELTS- 5.0: Two six week Arcadia sessions (May, 2017 start)*
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a professional organization, teacher or colleague through the GradCAS application portal.
- Submit a Personal Goal Statement detailing your reasons for choosing the MSCO degree and your post-degree career plans (minimum 900 words, maximum 1100 words) through the GradCAS application portal.
- All applicants from Saudi Arabia must submit a Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) guarantee in order to receive a final acceptance offer. Those without a SACM guarantee, and who meet all other requirements, will be issued a provisional acceptance letter. SACM documentation may be uploaded to the GradCAS application portal.
*Score requirement updated March 24, 2017
Please note: All documents that are not in English must include a notarized English translation.