- Minimum Education Requirement:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a vision-related field, such as optics, optometry or ophthalmology
- A properly completed online application, along with a non-refundable application fee of $200.00 (USD), to the Office of Admissions.
- A license to practice optics, optometry or ophthalmology, or proof of a relevant faculty appointment
- A copy of your valid passport
- A course-by-course review by World Education Services concluding that all of an applicant’s post-secondary studies are at least equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree level in a vision-related field.
- An official evaluation (not a copy) must be sent from the World Education Services directly to Salus University, Office of Admissions, 8360 Old York Road, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA. The contact information for World Education Services follows: Phone +1-212-966-6311, www.wes.org
- A recommended score for the TOEFL IBT is 84. A score of 21 is recommended for the speaking section; 21 for the writing section; 21 for the listening section; and 21 for the reading section. Official scores from the Academic IELTS examination will be accepted in substitution for the TOEFL (recommended scores comparable to the TOEFL). The TOEFL (or Academic IELTS) examination must be taken within two years prior to the start date of the entering class to which an applicant seeks admission.
- Salus University has an agreement with Arcadia University (an undergraduate institution in close proximity to Salus) that allows students submitting scores below the recommended numbers to undergo English Language training prior to the MSCO degree program as follows:
- Composite minimal score TOEFL-71/IELTS 5.5: One six-week Arcadia session (July, 2017 start)*
- Composite minimal score TOEFL-64/IELTS- 5.0: Two six week Arcadia sessions (May, 2017 start)*
- One letter of recommendation from a professional organization, teacher or colleague
- Complete a Personal Goal Statement detailing your reasons for choosing the MSCO degree and your post-degree career plans (minimum 900 words, maximum 1100 words). This statement may be sent by email to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants from Saudi Arabia must submit a Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) guarantee in order to receive a final acceptance offer. Those without a SACM guarantee, and who meet all other requirements, will be issued a provisional acceptance letter.
*Score requirement updated March 24, 2017
Please note: All documents that are not in English must include a notarized English translation.