Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized, professional academic medical center of learning that offers a wide range of accredited post-graduate degree programs including: Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, and Occupational Therapy. The University’s nearly 1,800 students include PhD and post-doctoral candidates, and there are more than 10,000 Salus alumni worldwide.
Salus University celebrates a 94-year legacy from its founding College that demands academic excellence and a commitment to thoughtful development and growth. Today, this multifaceted University offers professional and graduate degree and certificate programs to nearly 1,800 students, both on-campus and around the globe, with more than 8,000 alumni worldwide.
Named for a Latin word meaning health and well-being, Salus University brings together a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff who are united in their commitment to improve the welfare of the public worldwide. The University bases its curriculum for all programs on these central principles:
- a primary care philosophy and holistic approach that assesses the whole patient for prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation
- an exceptional clinical training sequence that begins in the very first semester of study and includes externships in a variety of healthcare delivery settings
- innovative learning strategies that include small group, interactive, and self-directed learning experiences as well as clinical problem solving
- integration of new technologies that enable students to use and understand today’s cutting-edge technologies while preparing them for their ever-evolving professions
- a commitment to the ongoing professional and personal development and the success of each student
Salus University is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, charitable organization and an accredited, private, specialized academic institution. All Salus University programs are approved and accredited by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as well as the accreditation bodies of each of the professions represented in our programs.
We invite you to learn more about Salus University - from our programs and facilities, to our research projects and esteemed faculty, all of which support the University in its continuous quest for excellence. See the menu options on the left of this page to learn about our individual academic programs and the exciting opportunities and challenges each of them offers.