Susan Oleszewski, OD,MA
Vice President& Executive Director of Patient Care Services
- BS, OD, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- MA, Temple University
Dr. Oleszewski currently serves in the role of Vice President for Patient Care Services and Executive Director of The Eye Institute. Prior to assuming this role in 2005, she served in a number of key teaching and administrative capacities at the College and in the clinical practice of the College. From 1989 to 2004 she served in the role of Associate Dean of Clinical Sciences. As the Associate Dean she was responsible for the clinical curriculum for the optometry program, both didactically and in the clinical settings on and off campus. During this time she played a key role in the design and implementation of the College’s transformative new curriculum in 2001. While serving as the Associate Dean Dr. Oleszewski also was Course Coordinator for the Ocular Biology curriculum, where she also delivered a major component of the course content in a lecture format. Throughout her nearly 30 year history at the College she has maintained her clinical privileges at The Eye Institute and maintains a small clinical practice.
Dr. Oleszewski in a tenured member of the faculty at Salus University and holds the rank of Associate Professor of Basic and Clinical Science. In addition to lecturing in the core program at PCO, she has lectured extensively to national and international optometric audiences.
Role at Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University:
As Vice President and Executive Director of Patient Care Services, she is the senior administrator overseeing clinical operations and services at The Eye Institute and satellite practices. Located in the Oak Lane section of Philadelphia, The Eye Institute is the clinical practice of The Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University.
- Primary Care Optometry
Her clinical interests are in the diagnosis and management of the glaucomas and anterior segment disease. She has lectured to optometric organizations throughout the country and internationally.
Selected Representative Publications:
- Phthiriasis Palpebrarum: Diagnosis and Manager, Susan C. Oleszewski, OD, and Linda Casser, OD, Southern Journal of Optometry, January 1984.
- Electric Cataract: A Rare Clinical Entity, Susan C. Oleszewski, OD and Jeffrey S. Nyman, OD American Journal of Optometry and Physiological Optics, April 1984
- Diagnosis and Management of Acute Uvectis, Problems in Optometry. J.B. Lippincott Co., Ed. Jeffrey Nyman, OD, 1989.
- Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Eye Care in Systemic Disease. Appleton and Lange Co., Editors. Diane T. Adamczyk, OD, Esther Marlis, OD, Kelly Thomann, OD, 1994, 2000
- Parkinson's Disease, Primary Eye Care in Systemic Disease. Appleton and Lange Co., Editors. Diane T. Adamczyk, OD, Esther Marlis, OD, Kelly Thomann, OD, 1994, 2000
- Alzheimer's Disease, Primary Eye Care in Systemic Disease. Appleton and Lange Co., Editors. Diane T. Adamczyk, OD, Esther Marlis, OD, Kelly Thomann, OD, 1994, 2000