Inaugural Audiology Alumnus of the Year Award
Please Note: The nominating period for the following
2012 awards has closed.
Alumni will be notified when the nominating period opens
for the 2013 awards and the dates for submitting those nominations will appear here.
This award is presented to an alumnus of the Salus University George S. Osborne College of Audiology (OCA) or the PCO School of Audiology who has distinguished himself/herself through extraordinary service and contributions to the profession of Audiology, bringing honor and prestige to Salus University and OCA.
ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY February 10, 2012
Guidelines for Nominations
- Academic degrees earned (include granting institutions and date)
- Other positions held and relevant experience
- Ways in which nominee has distinguished his/herself in chosen field
- Ways in which nominee has supported Osborne College of Audiology and represented Osborne College of Audiology via his/her achievements
- Ways in which nominee's PCO/Salus University education/degree has helped him/her in chosen career
- Examples of nominee’s civic involvement and/or displays of personal and professional integrity
- Honors attained
- Provide any other information which supports why the nominee is deserving of the indicated Alumnus Award, and why such an award is appropriate. If relevant, please describe how the nominee has overcome an unusual adversity.
To be considered for the Audiology Alumnus of the Year award, the following criteria will be considered:
- Nominee must be a graduate of George S. Osborne College of Audiology or Pennsylvania College of Optometry School of Audiology
- Nominee has made constructive contributions to society and the profession that display leadership, responsibility and expertise in the field of Audiology
- Nominee has a record of community involvement
- Nominee is a person who brings inspiration to the faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends of Salus University
- Nominee has demonstrated continuing interest in and support of Salus University through contributions of time, talent and/or resources
Method of Nomination
- Nominations may be made by Salus University students, alumni, faculty, staff or friends
- Only official nomination forms (Nomination Form PDF or Online Nomination Form) that have been distributed or posted online by the Office of Institutional Advancement are acceptable for submission
- Only one nomination will be accepted from an individual; however, multiple sponsors may be listed in support of a single nomination
- In addition to the nomination form, a resume, curriculum vita, newspaper or magazine clippings, or other appropriate supporting materials may be submitted
Method of Selection
- Nomination forms with any supporting materials should be received by the Office of Institutional Advancement no later than the due date.
- The selection committee will review the nominations and determine the recipient. The decision will be finalized by the Salus University Alumni Association Awards Committee. The selection committee consists of:
- Audiology members of the Salus University Alumni Association Board
- The dean of the Osborne College of Audiology
- The president of the Student Audiology Association
- A person may receive this award only once in his/her lifetime.
- The award will be presented during the annual American Academy of Audiology Convention.
Persons Ineligible for Nomination
Any individual shall be ruled ineligible for nomination if the following condition prevails at the time the awards committee meets to make the selection:
- If he/she has been a member of the Salus University Alumni Association Board, the Salus University Board of Trustees or the faculty of Salus University, such individual shall not be selected until at least one year after such membership has expired.
To Submit A Nomination
- by Mail or Fax - Download Nomination.PDF
Office of Institutional Advancement
8360 Old York Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027
- Online Nomination Form -
Just click the link below to complete and submit your information. We are using eOmniForm.com to collect the information with security which is SSL based, so you know the information collected cannot be viewed on the internet and is transferred securely.