Michael Gallaway, OD
- BS Psychology, Carnegie-Mellon University
- OD, New England College of Optometry
- Residency in Pediatric Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Role at Salus University:
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry, The Eye Institute
- Staff optometrist in Pediatric and Binocular Vision Service, clinical teaching of 4th year students.
Professional Honors and Activities:
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
- Fellow, COVD
- Pediatric Optometry, Vision Therapy
- PI at PCO for Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial (CITT), PEDIG Clinical Investigator participating in Amblyopia Treatment Studies, VERA computerized school vision screening protocol.
Selected Representative Publications:
- Borsting et al (Gallaway – Writing Group), Improvement in academic behaviors after successful treatment of convergence insufficiency. Optom Vis Sci 2012; 89(1):12-18.
- Scheiman M, Cotter S, Kulp MT, Mitchell GL, Cooper J, Gallaway M, Hopkins KB, Bartuccio M, Chung I; Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial Study Group. Treatment of accommodative dysfunction in children: results from a randomized clinical trial. Optom Vis Sci. 2011 Nov;88(11):1343-52.
- Gallaway, M. The need for better school vision screening: the use of VERA vision screening in a community setting. Optom Vis Dev 2010; 41(4):232-239.
- Gallaway M, Mitchell GL, Validity of the VERA visual skills screening. Optometry 2010;81:571-79.