Thomas L. Lewis, OD, PhD
Professor of Anatomy
- BS, OD Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- PhD, Human Anatomy, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- National Eye Institute, Post-doctoral Fellowship, Department of Ophthalmology, Washington University, St Louis, MO
Professional honors and activities:
- Member, Optometric Hall of Fame, American Optometric Association
- June, 2009 - AOSA Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. Thomas L. Lewis received ASCO's first Lifetime Achievement Award for his 30 years of outstanding contributions to ASCO, initially as Dean and President of PCO, and now as President of Salus University. The award also recognizes Dr. Lewis' leadership during the twenty years he served as a member of the ASCO Board of Directors. To read the Resolution.
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
- Past-President, American Academy of Optometry
- Glaucoma Educator of the Year, American Academy of Optometry
- Past-President, Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry
- Past-President, Partnership Foundation for Optometric Education
- Long-Range Planning Committee, Accreditation Council on Optometric Education
- Past-President, National Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Joint Board Certification Project Team, American Optometric Association
- Board, Jeanes Hospital, Temple University Health System
Selected Representative Publications:
Dr. Lewis is the co-editor of Primary Care of the Glaucomas, published in 1992 and 2000, and has been a frequent contributor to both optometric and other professional journals. In addition, he holds editorial responsibilities for the Review of Optometry. He has also made numerous presentations to the American Academy of Optometry and other groups.
- Primary Care of the Glaucomas, Lewis,TL, Fingeret, M,eds.
- Optometric Clinical Practice Guidelines, Care of the Patient with Open Angle Glaucoma, American Optometric Association