Jean Marie Pagani, OD, FAAO
- BS, Villanova University
- BS, OD, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Postgraduate training in Radiation Hazards and Control from Rutgers University.
- Rresidency in Primary Care Optometry at The Eye Institute of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry.
Role at Salus University:
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Tenured, Associate Professor of Optometry
- Director of the Internship Program
- Coordinator of the Clinical Medicine Course and Laboratory
- Lectures on Standard (Universal) Precautions to Optometry and Audiology students
- Coordinator Ocular Medicine Course (Clinical Medicine) for Physician Assistants at Salus University and Arcadia University
Professional Honors and Activities:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Certified in Interpretation of Fluorescein Angiography and Utilizing Injections in Primary Eye Care
- International Studies, Master’s Program, offered by Salus University. Area of expertise is in the Eye and Systemic disease. Lectured extensively on this area throughout the United States and in Europe.
- Chief of Primary Care in Suite 2. Her clinical teaching responsibilities include supervision of patient care by residents and optometry interns at The Eye Institute.
- Staff Optometrist, Nemours Senior Care, AI DuPont Foundation
- Medscape Optometry, Clinical Case Series, Editor, January 2013 to present
Selected Representative Publications:
- Richards, L., Pagani JM., Optic Nerve Mass and Retinal Traction in a 66-Year-Old Woman, www.medscape.com/viewarticle/803112 Apr 30, 2013
- Brackley, R., Pagani JM., Conjunctival Erosions Associated with Pemphigus Vulgaris, Optometry and Vision Science, Volume 88, number 8, August 2011, pp 1010-1013
- Pagani JM, Duan J, Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) Induced Immune Recovery in a HIV patient with a History of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus, Optometry-Journal of the American Optometric Association 82 (2011), pp77-82
Selected Representative Presentations:
- Ocular “Expectations” in the Pregnant Patient, Fourth Annual S.T.O.R.K. Day, Sharing Topics of Research and Knowledge and Poster Fair, Friday, February 21, 2014, John H Ammon Medical Education Center, Christiana Care Health System, Women’s Health Services
- Pagani JM, Le, Y, Discovery of Recurrent, Bilateral Optic Disc (Drance) Hemorrhages, Academy 2011 Boston Scientific Program, American Academy of Optometry Meeting, October 12, 2011, Boston Mass.
- Le Yen, Pagani JM, Idiopathic Stromal Keratitis, Multimedia Poster Session at SECO, Atlanta Georgia, March 2011.
- Principal Investigator in research study at The Eye Institute: Level of Presbyopic Symptoms in Undiagnosed Presbyopic Patients 38-50 years old in an Urban Philadelphia Optometry Clinic, Vistakon Presbyopia Project inception 10/2013 to ongoing.
- American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
- American Optometric Association (AOA)
- Pennsylvania Optometric Association (POA)
- Chester-Delaware County Optometric Society (CDOS)