Guiding Principles of the NCLVI University Consortium
As of December 13, 2004
We are in agreement that the purposes of the NCLVI consortium are worthy of our commitment to the following:
- If we disagree, we will do so respectfully.
- We will listen and consider all perspectives expressed by members.
- We will keep, foremost in our minds, the long-range objectives of increasing the quantity and quality of leadership personnel who will ultimately influence improved services for individuals with visual impairments birth to 21 including those with multiple disabilities.
- We will develop, implement, and follow a communication system that will be uniform across consortium members.
- We understand that different universities operate differently.
- We respect each university’s doctoral program.
- We will focus discussion on outcome-oriented agenda items.
- We will consider diversity at all times.
- Once we have reached consensus on an item, the full group must be present in order to change that decision.