Current Student News
- Osborne College of Audiology News
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry News
- College of Education and Rehabilitation News
- College of Health Sciences News
- Office of Graduate Programs in Biomedicine News
Men's & Women's Basketball Champs
Congrats to the men's and women's champions
of this season's Salus intramural basketball season!
Men's Champions: OD 2016 Zookeepers
Women's Champions: Eye-Q
The Athletics Committee would also like to name Matt Skoner as the 2014 Salus Intramural Basketball League MVP. Congrats!
OD PAstards vs. Zookeppers (Win) 39-29
(Matt Skoner Finals MVP)
Eye-Q (Win) vs. Eye Candy 21-12
Meet the CPPD Staff
The Center for Professional and Personal Development (pictured right) is now staffed with three counselors to assist students. New counselors Dr. Angelika Montalbano (left) and Dr. Regan Lin-Kin (center) are now working with Ms. Natalie Leckerman, MSS, LSW (right).
The University community warmly welcomes its newest members:
- Lesley Anders, Coordinator of Online Communications/Webmaster
- Elizabeth Sedunov, AuD, Clinical Educator, Osborne College of Audiology
- Mary Jo Thomas, OD, Instructor, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
The University community offers sincere congratulations to the following members:
- Dr. Michael R. Spinell ’70, associate professor, TEI, who, under the pseudonym M. Richards, is the author of “The Dog Knows…But He’s Not Talking,” a fictional mystery. (LINK:www.smashwords.com/books/view/475530)
- Ms. Jo Surpin, chair, Board of Trustees, who has been named one of the Philadelphia Business Journal’s 2014 Women of Distinction.
- Alexis Abate, MA, was appointed director of Communication for the University, to become effective October 1. In his announcement to the University community, Dr. Michael H. Mittelman said, “I look forward to working with Alexis as we proceed with the Salus branding and marketing efforts. Her background, experience and expertise will serve the University well, as she leads our efforts to ensure that our name and reputation find a wider audience as we continue our mission to become the best institution in the nation for the education of healthcare professionals.”
Ms. Abate has been marketing coordinator for The Eye Institute for the past six years. As director of Communication, she will report to Dr. Mittelman and have multiple responsibilities that include the development of an innovative communications strategy designed to engage audiences and stakeholders across multiple constituencies within Salus; creation and implementation of strategies to ensure the University’s outreach efforts and multiple-market visibility are maximized and the building of relationships with the media and surrounding communities to advance our position with relevant constituents. Ms. Abate also will be responsible for Salus University’s varied and integrated communications, including web-based media and publications; community relations; marketing of research and education programs; public outreach events and activities; and other current programs.
Ms. Abate holds a BA in Communication/Mass Media Writing from LaSalle University and a Master of Arts in Communication Arts, Public Relations and Advertising from New York Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Sarah Appel is the co-director of the SPARC program, not the Feinbloom Low Vision Center as indicated last month.
- Derek Kramer ’15OD was the top scorer for the NBEO Part I exam for Salus PCO, not the national top scorer as reported last month.
University Safety and Security Reports
The annual crime data report that fulfills the Clery Act disclosure requirement to report crime statistics to the US Department of Education has been accessible to the public on the University’s website for some years now. In addition that report Safety and Security director, Wayne Pancza, and lead security officer, Gary Hughes, have created a criminal activity log, which will be updated on the website as an incident occurs.