Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Office of Professional Studies and International Programs
International Optometry Programs
Bachelor of Science in Optometry Degree Completion Program
India: November 2013 - February 2015
The Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University, in collaboration with two leading educational institutions in India - Sankara Eye Care Institutions and Chitkara University - is proud to offer a unique course that allows optometry diploma holders to upgrade their credentials to degree levels. With this course, students can increase their knowledge and skill level to better serve their patients with diagnostic devices, advanced contact lenses, vision therapy, low vision, and higher dispensing levels.
This hands-on course is delivered by top professors in the optometric profession. Created with adult learners in mind, students may continue working full-time while attending classes only a few days a month.
Graduates of this program will find that many excellent opportunities exist for optometry degree holders in India and abroad that include increased professional experiences which, in turn, offer increased earnings. With a degree, successful graduates may expect to:
- Qualify for a job abroad in a country where an optometry degree from an accredited institution of higher education is a mandatory requirement
- Stay ahead professionally: Governments of almost all states in India are contemplating converting all optometry diploma courses to degree levels. This will mean that the minimum education level expected to practice will eventually be a degree in optometry.
- Obtain quality referrals: Ophthalmologists and other medical professionals often refer and co-manage their patients with graduates of optometry degree programs.
- Increased employment opportunities: With a degree in optometry, graduates can choose from quality positions that allow them to:
- Work in a clinic, a hospital or a personal practice
- Teach at a university
- Find employment with a multi-national company in the eye care industry
- Work in India’s government-sector optometry programs
- Work in research
- Pursue additional education offering higher degrees in optometry and related fields.
For more information and program details, click here.
To apply for this program, click here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 1, 2013
Salus University, a leader in optometric education since 1919, has been offering educational degree opportunities to licensed, international practitioners for more than three decades. Known for innovative educational programs, many Salus graduates are leaders in the healthcare professions they serve.
Sankara Eye Care Institution is a group of 11 eye hospitals with a team of more than 1,000 doctors, paramedical professionals and support staff, who have served more than 40 million people since the institutions were founded more than 35 years ago. The Sankara team of vision care professionals is living their mission of freeing mankind of preventable and curable blindness.
Chitkara University is a leading non-profit private University that has been in the forefront of higher education in North India. Offering a learning environment that represents a unique blend of distinguished faculty, brilliant students, and strong industry collaborations and extensive partnerships with international universities, Chitkara’s major academic programs are consistently ranked among top 50 in the country.