Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Doctor of Optometry
Interested students are cordially invited to attend the Office of Admissions Webinars to learn more about our programs!
The application process for the Scholars Program begins on July 1, one year prior to the year of desired enrollment. A Scholars Program cohort will begin July 1 each entering year.
Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University joins other colleges of optometry in accepting applications ONLY through the Optometry Centralized Application Service (OptomCAS) (www.optomcas.org).
To be considered for the Scholars Program, an applicant must:
- Submit a properly completed application to the Optometry Centralized Application Service (OptomCAS) at www.optomcas.org beginning July 1, one year prior to the year of desired enrollment. Detailed instructions regarding the completion of the application are provided on the OptomCAS website.
- Answer the supplemental question on the OptomCAS application identifying yourself as an applicant to the Scholars program.
- Arrange to have forwarded directly to OptomCAS the following letters of evaluation:
- A Pre-Professional Committee letter of evaluation (consult with your college/university pre-professional advisor regarding the policy for providing letters of recommendation for pre-professional applicants).
- Three natural science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics) teaching faculty
- Two science teaching faculty and one practicing optometrist whom you have shadowed.
- Additional letters will enhance the file but will not fulfill our required letters of evaluation.
- Arrange to take the Optometry Admissions Test (OAT). Applicants are advised to take the OAT no later than December within the application cycle for overall review.
- the exam is offered electronically.
- information and registration for online testing: www.opted.org
- OAT results should not be more than two years old at the beginning of the application cycle.
If you have questions about the processing of applications or the requirements, contact the Salus University Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.824.6262.