College of Health Sciences
Physician Assistant Program
Interested students are cordially invited to attend the Office of Admissions Webinar Wednesdays series to learn more about our programs!
The selection process for the Physician Assistant program is based on two essential criteria:
- Does the candidate meet all the academic requirements set forth by the University?
- Will the candidate make a good Physician Assistant?
The process utilized by the Physician Assistant Admissions Committee to evaluate the above criteria is based on a candidate’s profile and comprised of three indices:
- Academic Index:evaluates the candidate's academic performance and ability.
- Personal Index: evaluates non-cognitive factors and is derived from a review of the candidate’s letters of evaluation, essays, healthcare and PA shadowing experience, and extracurricular activities.
- Interview Index:evaluates the candidate's knowledge, interest, and motivation regarding the profession.
The Admissions Committee reviews all aspects of the candidate's profile in order to reach a final decision.
The Physician Assistant Admissions Committee will invite a student for an on-campus interview based on a review of his/her academic record, letters of evaluation, and PA shadowing/ healthcare/ research experience.
Acceptance of candidates by the Physician Assistant Admissions Committee will be based on the above indices, the criteria , and the applicant’s on-campus interview.