College of Health Sciences
Public Health Programs
As these programs are taught entirely online, there are minimum computer requirements. The following guidelines apply to each student:
- Pentium Dual Core class computer (or greater); Macintosh computer also acceptable.
- Minimum 2GB RAM.
- VGA display set to 800x600 (1024x768 recommended), with high or true color resolution.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional/Vista/Windows 7 or Latest Mac OS.
- Norton anti-virus or any current anti-virus program with the latest updates
- Firefox is the recommended browser (download at www.mozilla.com); we do not recommend using Internet Explorer, particularly on 64Bit computers.
- Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat Viewer, Windows Media Player, and QuickTime Media Player are all required.
- Microsoft Office 2003 (or greater) with PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Students with a U.S. mailing address may purchase this software from the University’s source and receive an academic discount by calling Logisoft at 888.564.4763, press 1 or going to their website (www.logisoft.com). You will need your Salus student ID number and a credit card when you contact the company. (Please note all transactions are between the student and Logisoft, not the University).
For students who prefer not to purchase the MS-Office product, the appropriate Microsoft viewer files may be downloaded from www.microsoft.com.
- Minimum cable or DSL internet connection is highly recommended. Students should use a landline, not a wireless connection, especially when live chats are involved.
Students will receive instructions on how to access the University’s internal site before the start of classes. It is on this password protected site that students will “attend” class, join discussion groups, communicate with faculty, check their assignments and grades, and submit their presentations and papers.