Associate Professor, College of health sciences, Education and Rehabilitation
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
- MSW, Temple University
Role at Salus University:
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry, The Eye Institute
- Coordinator of Social Services at the William Feinbloom Vision Rehabilitation Center and an Associate Professor in the Department of Blindness and Low Vision Programs. She also serves on the interdisciplinary team of the Special Populations Assessment and Rehabilitation Center (SPARC)
Professional Honors and Activities:
- Educator of the Year, Department of Graduate Studies, 1990
- Social work, facilitator of support group for old adults with visual impairments
Selected Representative Publications:
- Schanel-Klitsch, E., Ciner, E., Graboyes, M., Appel S. (1999) Visual evaluation of the multiply impaired: the success of the interdisciplinary team. RE:view, 31:1, 9-16.
- Zambone, A., Ciner, E., Appel, S., Graboyes, M. (1999) Children with multiple impairments. The Lighthouse Handbook on Vision Impairment and Rehabilitation.
- Graboyes, M. (1998) Psychosocial Aspects of Low Vision. In Essentials of Low Vision Practice, R. Brilliant, ed.