Quality: Fundamental to everything we do
- Create a Salus “community of excellence” that consists of: (a) qualified and diverse students, faculty, staff and Board of Trustee members; and (b) engaged alumni, philanthropic partners and external stakeholders and constituents.
- Strengthen and grow Salus’ educational and clinical programs.
- Develop and implement curricula that prepare graduates for successful practice, influential participation and leadership positions within the current and future healthcare and education environments.
- Ensure a respectful, engaged and efficient culture amongst the university workforce.
- Sustain an environment that promotes a culture of excellence in research that develops and expands scholarly activities that lead to improved education, health and well-being.
Innovation: Salus: Setting the pace
- Provide leadership that impacts the future of healthcare, education and professional practice.
- a) Explore and implement innovative models of education for domestic and international markets, including competency-based assessments and stackable credit opportunities.
- b) Develop an operational core curriculum of inter-professional collaborative practices and education
- c) Engage accreditors and regulators to ensure that requirements match the current and projected health care landscape.
Apply best practices in technologies, teaching methodologies, policy development and evidence-based approaches that foster excellence in education, clinical practices and university operations.
Value/Fiscal Responsibility: Excellence requires good stewardship
- Provide a superior educational experience that represents a best value in graduate and professional education, which enables graduates to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Develop philanthropic and extramural support to enhance scholarships and support the University’s educational, clinical and research programs.
- Explore strategic alliances that enhance Salus’ mission, operations and fiscal performance
- Ensure transparency and accountability in all University processes and operations.
Annually, we establish measurable objectives aligned with these University Priorities and Goals.