The University's Learning Resource Center operates as both a media-rich resource center and the hub of the Elkins Park campus. The modern learning commons includes a coffee/tea bar, collaborative study rooms, individual seating for quiet studying, 20 desktop computers with access to printers and a 50-person classroom. In a health care environment where multidisciplinary collaboration is becoming the norm, Salus University promotes an environment where students can learn collaboratively with their peers.
Learning Resource Center Media Available:
- 500 full-text health science journal articles
- Clinical and evidence-based medicine databases
- Bibliographic databases
- Full text journals include holdings through: EBSCO, ScienceDirect, Ovid, Elsevier, Access Medicine, PA Easy, R2 Library of eBooks
- Online medical tutorials
- 11,000 textbooks and periodical holdings
- Historical texts including copies of Iris (Pennsylvania College of Optometry's published yearbook)
Learning Resource Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am to 11:45 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 am to 11:45 pm
- When school is not in session, the Learning Resource Center will be open from 10:00 am - 11:45 pm.
- The Learning Resource Center is closed for most national holidays, however, there are exceptions.
- Any changes from normal operating hours will be posted.