At Salus, we value your involvement and are committed to providing you with meaningful opportunities that align with your experiences and interests. If you have any questions about the volunteer roles or involvement opportunities listed below, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of this initiative is to keep recent graduates connected to each other and involved with the future of Salus. By providing opportunities for first-hand professional development with other seasoned graduates, as well as social networking activities, GOLD members benefit from Salus’ most valuable asset - our alumni network.
Have suggestions for a program or event? Contact Olivia Sweger and stay tuned for upcoming events!
Salus GOLD Ambassadors
Our ambassadors are a group of motivated recent grads looking for ways to better engage with and serve Salus’ graduates of the last decade. Ambassadors are leaders in the GOLD community who strive to nurture relationships and encourage lifelong engagement among recent grads through programming and communications that are uniquely tailored to their own needs and perspectives. The program will focus on events, career services and lifelong learning, communications and marketing, fundraising, and regional programming.
Become a GOLD Ambassador Today!
- Take an active role in planning and promoting alumni events through direct outreach and your social media!
- Promote GOLD engagement – Encourage your classmates to get involved!
- Give back! GOLD alumni are a critical part of the University’s fundraising base. Gifts of any amount help foster lifelong engagement in University activities and future fundraising campaigns.
As an alumni ambassador, you will play a significant role in enhancing Salus and PCO pride by increasing the visibility of the alumni network, while sharing your time and talent.
Responsibilities/Expectations of Alumni Ambassadors:
- Wear your Salus or PCO gear and always serve as a representative of your alma mater
- Help make phone calls or send emails to remind alumni about upcoming events
- Refer an applicant to apply to Salus
- Share University updates with alumni in your region
- Reach out to new graduates in your region and welcome them to the alumni network
- Volunteer your time by attending alumni events
- Stay active in social media and advocate on behalf of alumni events in your networks
- Host a student by participating in the Salus Preceptor program
- Consider hiring Salus alumni for job and internship opportunities with your organization
- Maintain confidentiality with all personal data used in assigned tasks
- Assist the Admissions department at career fairs
- Host admitted students at small regional gatherings
The Alumni Association is always seeking alumni interested in becoming actively involved with their alma mater. This 25-member board currently consists of alumni of both Salus and PCO across all programs. Alumni board members attend board meetings, participate on a committee and attend a variety of alumni events and receptions. Please complete the Board Nomination Form or contact Olivia Sweger, the Coordinator of Alumni Affairs to learn more about becoming a member of the Alumni Association Board.