Assistant Professor, Osborne College of Audiology
- BA- Loyola College, Speech Language Pathology & Audiology
- MS - Towson State University, Audiology
- AuD - PCO School of Audiology,* AuD (*now the Salus University Osborne College of Audiology)
Role at Salus:
- Assistant Dean, Practice and Assessment of Audiologic Medicine, George S. Osborne College of Audiology
- Osborne College of Audiology, Coordinator, External Clinical Education
- Assistant Professor, Audiology, Residential Program
- Amplification, Aural Rehabilitation and Precepting
- Owen, J.B. (2018) Transitioning from Au.D. Student to Audiologist. ver2. Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology. Lancaster, PA.
- Owen, J.B. (2017) Transitioning from Au.D. Student to Audiologist. Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology. Lancaster, PA.
- Owen, J.B., Georgeson,J. (2017) Precepting Tier 1: Easier Than You Think. California Academy of Audiology. Sacramento, CA.
- Owen, J.B., Schulder, J., Mowatt, T., Siemnski, L. (2016) Role of the Board of Examiners for the State of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology Annual Convention. Harrisburg, PA.
- Appel, S., Casser, L., Foy,C., Henderson, J., Lueders, K., Mittelman, M., Owen, J., Slott, S., Vitek, M. (2016) Role-Modeling Interdisciplinary Team-Based Patient Care: A New Approach to Continuing Professional Education. Salus University, Elkins Park, PA
- Appel, S., Casser, L., Foy, C., Henderson, J., Mittelman, M., Owen, J., Perla, F., Serianni, R., Vitek, M. (2015) Interdisciplinary Care for Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Optometric Education. Salus University, Elkins Park, PA.
- Chaiken, R., Hughart, J., Owen, J.B. (2014) Student Hands-on Cerumen Management, Academy of Doctors of Audiology Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Chaiken, R., Hughart,J., Owen, J.B., Urban, B (2013) The Ins and Outs of Cerumen Management, Academy of Doctors of Audiology Conference, Bonita Springs, FL.
- Owen, J.B., Vento, B., Whitelaw, G., Zalewski, T. (2011) Professional Issues for Preceptors and Doctoral Students, the Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology, Grantville, PA
- ALPHA UPSILON DELTA- Audiology Honor Society
- National Academies of Practice- Distinguished Fellow
- AAA Academic Scholars Recognition: 2015-2016, 2016-2017
- Poster Award for Excellence in Clinical Preceptor Education: Owen, J.B. Vetting Process of Off-Campus Clinical Sites: The First Step to a Higher Level of Clinical Education. Poster presentation at American Academy of Audiology (AAA) Annual Convention, Nashville, TN, April 2018