Associate professor, Osborne College of Audiology
- PhD, Speech & Hearing Science / Psychoacoustics, University of Texas at Austin
- MSC, Audiology, Auburn University
- BS, Biochemistry, University of Georgia
Role at Salus University
- Associate Professor, Osborne College of Audiology
- Hearing Instrument Design, Performance, Verification and Validation
- Comorbidities of Hearing and Balance Disorders
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in AuD Degree Programs
Recognition / Awards:
- Recipient of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA) David Goldstein Outstanding Audiologist Award “for promoting audiology’s transformation to a doctoral degree with the Au.D. as its distinctive indicator" (2016).
- Induction into the inaugural Gamma chapter of the Audiology National Honor Society, Alpha Upsilon Delta (2016).
- Induction into the inaugural cohort of the Audiology Academy of the National Academies of Practice (NAP) as a Distinguished Public Policy Fellow (2014).
- Recipient of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology Joel Wernick Award “in recognition of an outstanding educational contribution within the fields of audiology and hearing science” (2012).
- Recipient of the Outstanding Alumnus Award, The University of Texas at Austin, The College of Communication for a career as an “audiology innovator and educator” (2011).
- Recipient of the HIA volunteerism award “for dedication, expertise and effort in creating a structure that ensures the substance and the science that supports hearing aid marketing and advertising in America” (2003).
Selected Recent Publications:
- Bray. “Forward: A Profession in Transition … Revisited” Audiology Practices, 6(4). (2014)
- Lesinski, Prewitt, Bray, Aravamudhan, Blanco, Farmer-Fedor & Ward. “Preservation of Auditory Brainstem Response Thresholds After Cochleostomy and Titanium Microactuator Implantation in the Lateral Wall of the Cat Scala Tympani.” Otology and Neurotology, 35(4) (2014).
- Bray, V. and Sundar, G. “Beyond the AuD: Advanced Studies Certificate Programs.” The Hearing Journal (2012).
- Bray, V. & Dabrowski, P. “Implementing a Private Practice Model in an On-Campus Clinic.” Audiology Today (2010).
- Bray, V. “Verification with REM: Modern Tips for Hidden Trips.” Audiology Practices (2009).
- Bray, V. & Nilsson, M. “Outcome Measures in the Fitting of Hearing Aids.” Book chapter in Audiology Treatment, 2nd Edition, M. Valente (editor), Thieme (2008).
- Nilsson, M., Ghent, R., Bray, V., and Harris, R. “Development of a Test Environment to Evaluate Performance of Modern Hearing Aid Features.” Journal of the American Academy of Audiology (2005)
- Rogin, C., Bray,V., Fabry, D. and Powers, T. “Hearing Aid Advertising Review System (HEARS).” Hearing Industries Association (2003).
- Rogin, C., Bray,V., Fabry, D. and Powers, T. “Guidelines for Hearing Aid Manufacturers for Substantiation of Performance Claims.” Hearing Industries Association (2002).
- Chabries, D. & Bray, V. “Use of DSP Techniques to Enhance the Performance of Hearing Aids in Noise.” Book chapter in Noise Reduction in Speech Applications, Davis (editor), CRC Press (2002).
- Bray, V. & Nilsson, M. “Assessing Hearing Aid Fittings: An Outcome Measures Battery Approach.” Book chapter in Strategies for Selecting and Verifying Hearing Aid Fittings, 2nd Edition, Valente (editor), Thieme (2002).
Recent Published Interviews:
- “Q & A with Dr. Victor Bray: Get to Know PEI”. Salus University Health, Pennsylvania Ear Institute, Community Outreach website, (2016).
- “Cover Story: Raising the Bar on Audiology Education”. The Hearing Journal (2015).
- “Cover Story: Integrating Vision and Hearing Care: Providers Speak to Benefits, Risks”. The Hearing Journal (2013).
- Shaw, G. “Cover Story: Unlocking Direct Audiology Access with Limited-License Status.” The Hearing Journal (2013)
- Shaw, G. “Cover Story: Simulation Clears Path from Education to Real World Performance.” The Hearing Journal (2013).
- Interview with Victor Bray and Giri Sundar, Salus University Osborne College of Audiology. Topic: Advanced Studies Program in Cochlear Implants. Carolyn Smaka, Audiology Online (2012).
- Interview with Victor Bray. Topic: Salus University Osborne College of Audiology. Judi Biederman, Advance for Audiologists (2011).
- Interview with Victor Bray. Topic: Ask the Dean. Peggy Shelly, The Alumni Magazine of Salus University (2009).
Selected Recent Presentations:
- “Developing Curriculum for an Unknown Future: Academia as a Partner in Change” (April 2017). Aravamudhan, Bray & Owen. American Academy of Audiology (Indianapolis, IA).
- “Access to Quality Healthcare for the Patient with Diabetic Ear Disease” (March 2017). Bray & Dowd. National Academies of Practice (Philadelphia, PA).
- “Hearing Loss and Diabetes Comorbidity” (January 2017). Dowd & Bray. Webinar for Morehouse School of Medicine, Partnership for Diabetes Health Equity.
- “The Necessary Role of ADA in Clinical Education of Today’s AuD Student” (November 2016). Owen & Bray. Academy of Doctors of Audiology (San Diego, CA).
- “The Educational Program for Audiology in Collaboration between Salus University and the Arab Academy for Audio-Vestibulogy” (November, 2016). Sundar, Bray & Aravamudhan. Arab Hearing Health Conference (Dead Sea, Jordan).
- “Audiology, HLAA and Washington DC” (May 2016). Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) regional ‘Lunch and Learn’ meeting (Valley Forge, PA).
- “Technical Standards for Audiology: Time to Formalize and Unify” (2015). Owen & Bray. Council of Academic Programs for Communication Sciences and Disorders (Newport Beach, CA).
- “How Many Audiologists Does it Take to Graduate One AuD?” (2015). Owen & Bray. American Academy of Audiology Meeting (San Antonio, TX).
- “A Revolution Stalled …” (2014) Scott Haug Foundation 30th Annual Hill Country Audiology Retreat (New Braunfels, TX).
- “Audiology, Past, Present, and Future” (2014) Roeser (moderator), Berlin, Bray, Jerger, Martin, and Worthington. Scott Haug Foundation 30th Annual Hill Country Audiology Retreat (New Braunfels, TX).
- “Moving Beyond the 8 Ball: Forecasting the Future of Audiology and the Hearing Industry.” General Session with O’Neil (moderator), Bray, Cavitt, Rogin, Thorstad and Yanz. Academy of Doctors of Audiology, Phoenix (2012).
- “Clinical Simulations in Healthcare Education: What Happens in Related Professions?” Featured Session “Clinical Simulation in Audiology Education” with Bray, Hall, Hamill and Wilson. American Academy of Audiology, Boston (2012).
- “Translating the American AuD-Bridge Model to an International AuD-Bridge Program.” Featured Session “Do Practical Solutions Exist for the Global Challenge of Effective Hearing Care Delivery” with Bray, Brouillette, Freeman, LaPira, and Windmill. AAA American Academy of Audiology, Boston (2012).
- “Case History and Review of Symptoms.” Featured Session and AAA Webinar, “How You Write is How You Think: A Discussion about Clinical Decision Making, Report Writing, and Electronic Medical Record and Audiology Competencies” with Bray, Freeman, Griffiths, Margolis, Ramachandran & Zapala. American Academy of Audiology, Boston (2012).
- “Comments on Being a Preceptor.” Academy of Doctors of Audiology, San Antonio (2010).
- National Academies of Practice (NAP) 2013 -
- Secretary/Treasurer (2017 – present)
- Founding Chair of the NAP Audiology Academy (2013 – 2017)
- Board of Directors, The Audiology Project supporting Audiology Medical Co-management of Hearing Loss & Balance Disorders (2016 - present)
- NASEM Hearing Health Care for Adults: Priorities for Improving Access and Affordability Working Group #2 on Quality Metrics (2016 - present)
- 18x18 Steering Committee, Academy of Doctors of Audiology (2012 – present)
- Gold Standards Task Force, American Academy of Audiology (2010).
- Audiology Task Force to develop response to the American Medical Association (AMA) Scope of Practice Data Series. Response released through American Academy of Audiology (AAA) (2009).
- Hearing Industries Association Audiology Task Force (1995 – 2008)
- Scott Haug Foundation Board of Directors (1985 – 2005)
- Scott Haug Foundation President (1991, 1992, 1993)