Associate Professor, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- BS Psychology, Carnegie-Mellon University
- OD, New England College of Optometry
- Residency in Pediatric Optometry, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Role at Salus University:
- Principal Investigator for CITT-ART (Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial, Attention & Reading Trial), Peds/Vision Therapy Residency Education
- Pediatric Optometry, Vision Therapy, Concussion and Brain Injury
Professional Association Memberships
- Fellow in COVD - College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- Fellow - American Academy of Optometry
- American Optometric Association (AOA)
- AOA Sports Vision Section
Selected Representative Publications:
- Bade A, Boas M, Gallaway M, et al. Relationship between clinical signs and symptoms of convergence insufficiency. Optom Vis Sci 2013; 90(9): 988-95.
- Borsting et al (Gallaway – Writing Group), Improvement in academic behaviors after successful treatment of convergence insufficiency. Optom Vis Sci 2012; 89(1):12-18.
- Scheiman M, Cotter S, Kulp MT, Mitchell GL, Cooper J, Gallaway M, Hopkins KB, Bartuccio M, Chung I; Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial Study Group. Treatment of accommodative dysfunction in children: results from a randomized clinical trial. Optom Vis Sci. 2011 Nov;88(11):1343-52.
- Gallaway, M. The need for better school vision screening: the use of VERA vision screening in a community setting. Optom Vis Dev 2010; 41(4):232-239.
- Gallaway M, Mitchell GL, Validity of the VERA visual skills screening. Optometry 2010;81:571-79.
- Scheiman M, Kulp M, Cotter S, Mitchell GL, Gallaway M, et al. Vision therapy/orthoptics for symptomatic convergence insufficiency in children: treatment kinetics. Optom Vis Sci 2010;87:593-603.
- Rouse M, Borsting E, et al and Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial Study Group (Gallaway – Writing Group). Academic behaviors in children with convergence insufficiency with and without parent reported ADHD. Optom Vis Sci 2009; 86:1169-77.
- Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial Study Group (Gallaway – Writing Group). Long-term effectiveness of treatments for symptomatic convergence insufficiency in children. Optom Vis Sci 2009; 86:1-9.
- Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial Study Group (Gallaway – Writing Group) The convergence insufficiency treatment trial: design, methods, and baseline data. Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2008;15:24-36
- Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial Study Group (Gallaway – Writing Group). Randomized clinical trial of treatments for symptomatic convergence insufficiency in children. Arch Ophthalmol 2008;126: 1336-1349.
- Gallaway, M. Boas, MB. The Impact of vergence and accommodative therapy on reading eye movements and reading speed. Optom Vis Dev 2007; 38:115-120.
- Scheiman M, Gallaway M, et al. Nearpoint of convergence: test procedure, target selection, and normative data. Optometry and Vision Science 2003; 80: 214-225.
- Gallaway M, Scheiman M, Malhotra K. The efficacy of pencil push-up therapy for convergence insufficiency: a pilot study, Optom Vis Sci 2002, 79: 265-67.
- Schieman M, Gallaway M, Vision Therapy to Treat Binocular Vision Disorders after Acquired Brian Injury: Factors Affecting Prognosis, in Visual and Vestibular Consequences of Acquired Brian Injury, Optometric Extension Program Foundation, Inc., 89-113, 2001.
- PI at PCO for Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial - Attention & Reading Trial (CITT-ART), PEDIG Clinical Investigator participating in Amblyopia Treatment Studies, VERA computerized school vision screening protocol, vision and concussion