Salus University's Learning Resource Center (LRC) operates as both a media-rich resource center and the hub of the Elkins Park campus. The modern library facility offers students a comprehensive, current collection of print and electronic books and journals that represent the University's fields of study and contains a self-service coffee and tea bar with kitchenette, collaborative study rooms, individual seating for quiet studying, 20 desktop computers with access to printers and a 50-person classroom. In a healthcare environment where multidisciplinary collaboration is the norm, Salus University promotes an environment where students can learn collaboratively with their peers.
*Note: Quiet study rooms are located on the second floor of the LRC. These are only available as study spaces when not in use for ATS testing accommodations.
Learning Resource Center Media Available:
- Access to 500 full-text health science and specialty electronic journal articles
- Clinical and evidence-based medicine databases
- Bibliographic databases
- Full text journals that include holdings through: EBSCO Discovery Service, ScienceDirect, Ovid, Elsevier, Sage, McGraw Hill Access Medicine, PA Easy, and eBooks
- Online medical tutorials
- 11,000 textbooks and periodical holdings
- Historical texts that include copies of Iris (Pennsylvania College of Optometry's published yearbook) from its beginnings
Learning Resource Center services
- Staff includes two academic librarians with graduate degrees from ALA-Accredited universities
- Required and recommended textbooks for each field of study available for 2-hour checkout
- In-person and remote orientations given to students in Literature Searching and Research Techniques
- Black/white and color student printing
- Interlibrary loan from a National Library of Medicine network
- Borrowable laptop, phone, and other media chargers
- Work-study program for interested students
Learning Resource Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
- The Learning Resource Center is closed for University holidays
- Any changes from normal operating hours will be communicated by email
- Phone: 215.780.3113
- Email: LRC@salus.edu